Last revised on March 8, 2021
We at Cybint, a company registered in
- Visitors – individuals who visit or otherwise interact with our websites, available at Cybintsolutions.com, Cybintsolutions.it, Cybertalentnetwork.org, or any other website, webpage, e-mail, text message or online ad under our control (collectively – “Websites”);
- Users – individuals who are authorized to use our software and/or our solutions (collectively, and together with our Websites – “Service“), including on the behalf of our Customers.
- Customers – individuals who contact Cybint on behalf of companies that subscribe to our Service.
Collection and Storage of Your Personal Information
We may collect and use the following types of information about you:
Personal Information is information that identifies an individual or that may, with reasonable effort, identify an individual. We gather the following types of Personal Information:
- Personal Information Collected from all types of audiences:
- Device information: We collect from our Visitors, Users and Customers specific types of connection details and information with regard to their device, software or hardware that may identify them, such as: online identifiers, device unique identifiers (e.g. UDID, MAC address), IP address and geolocation.
- Communication information: We collect from our Visitors, Users and Customers, information from their communication with our support team via email, WhatsApp, calls, Skype or other means of communication.
- Voluntary information: We collect Personal Information that Visitors, Users and Customers provide us voluntarily. For example, when they respond to communications from us, or when they share additional information through their use of the Service.
- Personal Information Collected only from Users:
- Registration details received from Users: When you sign up to the Service and create your individual profile (“User Profile”), you provide us with certain Personal Information, including:
- Full name
- Home address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Course and webinar enrollments, course access dates/times and course completion data
- Social media links (Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn accounts)
- Credit card details
- Voluntary information you chose to provide us, including your gender, date of birth and a profile image.
(collectively, “User Data”).
- Personal Information Collected only from Customers:
- Customer Data: When a Customer tries, purchases, uses, subscribes to our Service, or obtains support for our Service, Cybint collects data to provide the Service, to provide the best experiences with our Service, and to communicate with our Customers. Such data can include Personal Information, such as contact details of the Customer’s designated point of contact.
Non-personal Information is non-identifiable information that, when taken alone, cannot be used to identify you. As such, we are not aware of the identity of the user from which the Non-personal Information was collected.
For the avoidance of doubt, if we combine Personal Information with Non-personal Information (e.g. analytics data), the combined information will be treated as Personal Information as long as it remains combined.
How We Use Personal Information
In addition to the purposes listed herein, the Personal Information we collect is used for the following purposes:
- to set up Users’ account and to provide the Service;
- to identify and authenticate Users’ access to our Service;
- to provide our Visitors, Users and Customers with assistance and support;
- to personalize our Service;
- to analyze and report on Users’ performance;
- to provide you with information about related products and services, based on the preferences you have indicated (see more under “Marketing”);
- to serve you advertisements that are relevant to you and your interests, regarding our Service (see more under “Advertisement”);
- to conduct research and improve our Service;
- for systems administration and troubleshooting purposes;
- to communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates;
- to examine job applications we receive via the Website;
- to investigate and resolve disputes in connection with your use of the Service;
- to detect and prevent fraudulent and illegal activity or any other type of activity that may jeopardize or negatively affect the integrity of the Service; and
- to investigate violations and enforce our policies, and as required by law, regulation or other governmental authority, or to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or respond to a government request.
With whom do we share the Personal Information we collect?
Your Personal Information may be shared with members of our group, our Customers, and with third-parties:
- We engage selected third party companies and individuals to perform services complementary to our own. Such service providers include, storage services, billing and payment processing services, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution and monitoring services, session or activity recording services, remote access services, performance measurement, data optimization and marketing services, social and advertising networks, content providers, e-mail, voicemails, support and customer relation management systems, and our legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Service Providers“). These Service Providers may have access to your Personal Information, depending on each of their specific roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Service, and may only use it for such limited purposes as determined in our agreements with them.
- Basic demographic data including name, address, phone, email, company, title, school, graduation data, course for which you are registered, and related information may be disclosed to marketing partners (including but not limited to Google ‘Adwords’, Facebook ‘Ads’ and LinkedIn ‘Insights’). You can prohibit this using the steps set out in the “Marketing” section.
- Personal Information concerning Visitors’ usage of our Websites and Users’ progress using our study materials may be disclosed to third parties such as educational institutions, professors, and product development partners. If your company has sponsored your attendance or certification, we will also share progress (started, in progress, completed) course data, and successful certification outcomes with the Customer that owns your account.
- if we are discussing selling or transferring part or all of our business, the Personal Information may be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable terms as to confidentiality;
- if we are reorganized or sold, Personal Information may be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide the Service to you;
- if we are required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority – for example the Police; or
- if we are defending a legal claim your Personal Information may be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim.
Third-parties who we may share your Personal Information with will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The Personal Information we provide them will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function.
Why we use your Personal Information
If you are an individual from the European Economic Area (“EEA“), please note that our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information will depend on the Personal Information collected and the specific context in which we collect it. We normally collect Personal Information from you only where: (a) we have your consent to do so, (b) where we need your Personal Information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Service you have requested), (c) where the processing is in our legitimate interests; or (d) where we are required to collect, retain or share such Personal Information under applicable laws.
In some cases, we may need the Personal Information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw or decline consent at any time. Where we rely on our legitimate interests to process your Personal Information, you have the right to object.
If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please contact us through the contact details available below.
If you choose to opt-in to receive promotional materials concerning to our Services, that we deem you may find useful, we may use your Personal Information, such as your full name, email address, etc. ourselves or by using our third-party partners, for the purpose of providing you with such materials.
Out of respect to your right to privacy, we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. You may prohibit sharing of your Personal Information to our marketing by following these steps:
- Locate an Email from Cybint Solutions
- Click “Email Preferences” at the bottom
- Uncheck the types of emails you do not want to receive
- Click “Update Email Preferences”
In addition, at any time, you may request to unsubscribe and discontinue receiving marketing offers by sending us a blank message with the word “remove” to email@example.com.
Please note that even if you unsubscribe from our marketing mailing list, we may continue to send you Service-related updates and notifications.
Through our Service, we may provide advertisements that are tailored to you, for example ads that are based on your recent browsing behavior across different websites, browsers, or devices.
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA“). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
If you are an EU resident, you have certain rights in relation to your Personal Information:
- To receive confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored Personal Information, together with certain supplementary information.
- To receive Personal Information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- To request rectification of your Personal Information that is in our control.
- To request erasure of your Personal Information.
- To object to the processing of Personal Information by us.
- To request to restrict processing of your Personal Information by us.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your Personal Information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are collecting or processing your Personal Information not in accordance with the laws, you can file a complaint to the applicable data protection authority.
For how long do we retain the Personal Information that we collect?
We retain the Personal Information that we collect from Visitors, Users and Customers for as long as needed to provide our Service and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements (unless we are instructed otherwise). Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of the Personal Information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused Personal Information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing your Personal Information, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
Since we operate globally, it may be necessary to transfer data, including Personal Information, to countries outside the EEA. In these instances, we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
How do we safeguard your Personal Information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Service and your Personal Information. We employ industry standard procedures to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our Users’ data, safety of your Personal Information, and prevent unauthorized use of any such information.
However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to Personal Information despite our efforts. You should note that by using our Service, your Personal Information will be transferred through third party infrastructures which are not under our control. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
The Service is not designated to individuals under the age of 16. If you are under 16 you should not use the Service nor provide any Personal Information to us.
We reserve the right to access and verify any Personal Information which is collected from you by us. In the event that we become aware that an individual under the age of 16 shared any Personal Information, we will discard such information. If you have any reason to believe that a minor shared any Personal Information with us, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to the policy
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact our Data Privacy representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you reside in the EU, you may also approach our EU representative, EDPO, regarding matters pertaining to the GDPR by:
- using EDPO’s online request form at https://edpo.com/gdpr-data-request
- writing to EDPO at Avenue Huart Hamoir 71, 1030 Brussels, Belgium
If you reside in the UK, you may also approach our UK representative, EDPO UK Ltd, regarding matters pertaining to the UK GDPR by:
- using EDPO UK’s online request form at https://edpo.com/uk-gdpr-
- writing to EDPO UK LTD at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London WC2N 5BY, United Kingdom