October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month!
Every year, cybersecurity companies everywhere come together and provide best practices to businesses, organizations, and individuals to keep their digital information secure.
In a day and age that becomes more and more remote because of the pandemic, we need to create and empower a safer digital world. No one is immune from cyber threats and attacks, so it’s important we all stay vigilant in protecting our virtual space and keeping the interconnected world a safe place!
The National Cybersecurity Alliance has organized Cybersecurity Awareness Month to help everyone Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart.
Check out what October has in store for cybersecurity and the resources Cybint has available to you!
Week 1: Be Cyber Smart
The first full week highlights best cybersecurity practices to keep your information safe. Own your role in cybersecurity by starting with the basics.
- Infographic: How to Make a Password Stronger
- Infographic: What Your Device Knows About You
- HackerNoon: Cyber Threats: What Are The Dangers?
Week 2: Fight the Phish
Learn the tips on how to spot potentially dangerous emails, text messages, or chat boxes that come from a stranger or someone unexpected, and how to protect your online professional realm.
- Cybersecurity Training for Employees: What You Need to Know
- Fortune Article: Zoom meetings keep getting hacked. Here’s how to prevent ‘Zoom bombing’ on your video chats
- Infographic: Cybersecurity Risks in Each Department
Week 3: Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week
Week 3 of Cybersecurity Awareness Month highlights Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week led by National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE). Learn more about the opportunities a cybersecurity career holds for you!
- Women in Cyber: Learn More About the Cybint Women
- Infographic: The Cybersecurity Career Landscape
- The Ultimate Cybersecurity Bootcamp Guide
- The Four-Year Degree Vs. Hands-On Learning Programs
- GeekTime: The Hottest Industry that Shows No Sign of Cooling Down Going in 2021
- Nasdaq: Do Tech Employers Prefer Cyber Degrees, or Cyber Skills?
Week 4: Cybersecurity First
Cybersecurity is a priority. For businesses, make cybersecurity training essential and equip staff with the tools they need to keep the organization safe. For individuals, keep cybersecurity at the forefront of your mind, because cybersecurity should never be taken for granted.
- Infographic: How the Pandemic Changed the Digital World
- Infographic: Cybersecurity 101 for Higher Education
- Email Security Best Practices for Businesses
Cybersecurity is a life-long learning journey, and Cybint is here to educate you. For more resources to help you #BeCyberSmart, check out our blog.